How to Confidently Add Solar Electric to Your Home
The popularity of solar energy systems continues to grow. It’s easy to understand why, once you learn how they work and what their benefits are.
These systems convert the sun’s power into electrical energy that can be used to power your electronics and appliances. Most people are familiar with solar panels installed on their roofs. Within these panels are photovoltaic cells – also known as PVs – that absorb the sun’s radiation and record setting growth in residential solar panels.
- Reduce your electric bill by using solar power. Your electricity provider will credit your bill with net billing.
- It is clean. Sunlight is green energy. This means that it is renewable, abundant and doesn’t pollute the environment. We emit less pollutants as we shift away from fossil fuels.
- It is renewable and sustainable. The sun’s energy system is self-sustaining and can never run out.
- It increases your home’s worth. They sell for around four percent (4%) more than homes without panels.
- Keep electricity flowing. The solar energy system in your home will charge the batteries so you can turn on the power even if there is a blackout.
We can guarantee that solar panels installed on your roof are reliable if you have concerns about their reliability. They are able to withstand the stormy, wet weather that Florida is known for. You can expect them to perform well for as long as 40-50 years if they are properly maintained.
Aside from the financial incentives, adding solar power to your home is also a smart move. You can take up to 26% off your project costs when you install your system in 2018.
How to Find a Reputable Solar Energy Sytem Installer
Here are some tips for finding a company that will install your system.
- Read customer testimonials and ratings. Customers judge companies based on the quality of their service. Customer testimonials can tell you how it was to work with the business and if they are transparent about their pricing and procedures. When you search for companies on Google, you’ll often find ratings. You should also pay attention to Better Business Bureau reviews.
- Ask questions. Your money is yours, so you want to ensure that you are spending it well. Ask each candidate about the process, timeline, warranties offered, who will handle any problems, how responsive they are, and their response time.
- Check that each candidate is licensed and insured. Ask them to show proof of their general electrical contracting and wiring licenses. Also, you will want to check their general liability insurance.
- Compare prices and services from different providers to get a better idea of what you can expect from each.
This post was written by a professional at Red Solar. Red Solar was started with the mindset of renewable energy being the future. We want everyone to travel through this transition. We can all agree that solar is the best way to reduce your carbon footprint, but it’s not the only way. During a Red Solar energy evaluation, all energy commons in your home will be analyzed for results. Our expert technicians will guide you through the process for better understanding and reassurance. Looking for the best solar panels in Palm Springs? Then contact us for more information today!